Steel Bridge closure scheduled | News
Chesapeake, Va. – A closure has been scheduled for the Steel Bridge, according to Elizabeth Vaughn, City of Chesapeake Public Works Information Specialist.
The Bridges Division will close one lane of the Steel Bridge overnight on December 18 from 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
Crews will be working on lighting and bridge deck grating. Flaggers will guide traffic. In the event of inclement weather, work will be performed the following night on Wednesday, December 19.
Motorists should plan ahead and be alert to work crews, equipment in the area, and possible delays.
Upcoming Events near Chesapeake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officer hit in arm by passing car during stop
- Marine Police, City of Norfolk visit ‘floating junkyard’ for potential violations
- Defense attorney says Decker murder trial witnesses have been coordinating testimonies
- Police investigate after man is shot inside vehicle in Norfolk
- Red light cameras now active in Norfolk