Chesapeake man kills wife, then himself | News
Chesapeake police say William Mackenzie shot his wife Pat and then killed himself inside their home yesterday morning.
Neighbors and Pat's co-workers say they never saw this coming.
"They seemed warm, friendly, loving. I would never think they were at odds with each other," said Phil Scala.
"She's been pretty much the same, she's always been outgoing, and really brings up the team. No indication of any problems," said Kim, a co-worker.
Pat came to work every morning at 7 a.m. at the Chesapeake Animal Hospital - but when she didn't show up yesterday her coworkers grew concerned. Concern grew to worries when Pat didn't answer repeated phone calls. Someone stopped by the home. Both their cars were at the home, but there was no answer. They called the police.
William was a 25 year veteran of the Norfolk Police Department.
His wife worked as a veterinary technician.
"She would go up well beyond what you would ask her to. She would be here pretty much at all hours if we ever needed someone extra you could always count on calling her," said Kim.
But now Kim can only ask questions without answers.
Upcoming Events near Chesapeake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hampton Police Department gives holiday safety tips ‘Jingle Bell’ style
- 12-year-old Hampton student accused of making threat against Eaton Middle School
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- A Hampton temple celebrates its centennial
- Fire damages Hampton apartment
- Police arrest 44 in first day of warrant sweep in Newport news
- U.S. Marshals looking for convicted rapist
- Newport News babysitter arrested for sex crimes against a child
- Dad relives nightmare of son’s unsolved abduction 33 years later
- Newport News man allegedly punched woman while she held their infant son
- Officer hit in arm by passing car during stop
- Marine Police, City of Norfolk visit ‘floating junkyard’ for potential violations
- Defense attorney says Decker murder trial witnesses have been coordinating testimonies
- Police investigate after man is shot inside vehicle in Norfolk
- Red light cameras now active in Norfolk